Help! I Think I Found A Bed Bug In My Hammond Home
August 15, 2022 - Bed Bugs
There are few things as creepy as the thought of sharing a bed with bugs. What makes things worse is the knowledge that your bed buddies are stealing your blood while you are asleep. This is what it is like living with bed bugs. When these parasitic insects invade homes, they bring problems with them. If you suspect you have found a bed bug inside your Hammond home, we are here to help. Here is how to identify bed bugs and what to do if these pests are crawling around in your bed at night. Call our team now if you know you have a bed bug infestation and are looking for a fast solution to get these pests out.
Three Bed Bug Facts That May Surprise You
There is a good chance that you are not a bed bug expert. That is completely fine. Most people are not. The good news is that you don’t need to know much about these pests to know you don’t want them in your home. Here are three surprising facts you may not want to know about bed bugs but should:
1. Bed bugs can cause insomnia. As an infestation becomes more severe inside your home, you might start to notice bite marks on your skin, or worse, bugs in your bed. Just the thought of bugs biting you while you are asleep is enough to trigger insomnia.
2. Bed bugs can cause anemia. The more bed bugs that bite you each night, the more blood you lose. The more blood you lose, the more of a chance you have to suffer from anemia. If you didn’t know, anemia is caused by a lack of red blood cells and comes with some unpleasant symptoms.
3. Bed bugs rarely bite just once. These pests will pierce skin, draw a bit of blood, and then crawl back a few millimeters. They will repeat this process until full with a blood meal.
Homeowner's Guide To Bed Bug Prevention
Bed bugs cannot be prevented in the same way you might prevent other pests. This is to say, there is no amount of cleaning, exclusion tips, or addressing of moisture problems that will keep these pests away. What you need to prevent bed bugs is a perceptive eye and vigilance. Keeping this in mind, here is how to prevent bed bugs.
- Whenever you travel, check rooms for signs of bed bugs (blood stains, fecal droppings, eggs, etc) before settling in.
- Do not place an item down in public for more than 15 minutes at a time.
- Tell your family and friends about bed bugs so they don’t bring these pests into your home.
- Check used clothing, furniture, and other similar items for bed bugs before bringing them home.
What To Do When You Think You Have Found A Bed Bug
If you suspect you are dealing with bed bugs inside your Hammond home, let the pest control experts at Dat Exterminating pay you a visit. We know how to identify bed bugs and we would be happy to service your home for these pests. If any bed bugs are found, we will use advanced bed bug control techniques to get them out! It really is that simple.
Homeowner Warning: DIY Bed Bug Control Often Fails
Bed bugs are the most elusive pests. When faced with danger they will hide inside wall voids and other secluded areas until it is safe to come out. If you are looking for the best bed bug pest control near you, DIY is not the answer.
Call Dat Exterminating today to make your life simple and to find a quick fix to your bed bug problems. We will show you what pest control in Hammond is supposed to look like.